New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Genetic test for 'familial' heart risk extended - BBC News
More people in England are to be offered a simple test to check if they are at increased genetic risk of heart disease.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Sitting while working can increase risk of diabetes - BBC News
- British researchers believe sitting for long periods of time can increase the risk of diabetes, heart disease and even death
Anatomy of the upper respiratory system
- Illustration of the nasal cavity, paranasal sinuses, pharynx, larynx, trachea and esophagus.
BMJ articles 'overestimated statin risk by 20 times' - BBC News
- Sir Rory Collins and Dr Fiona Godley discuss the news that two articles claiming statins may be unsafe are to be investigated and could be retracted by the British Medical Journal.
Shorter people at greater risk of heart problems, study finds - BBC News
- A study has found that the shorter you are, the greater your risk of heart problems.
Short people's 'DNA linked to increased heart risk' - BBC News
- Short people are at greater risk of developing heart problems, a study at the University of Leicester finds.
Foramina of the Skull (Visual mnemonic)
- The skull has numerous holes (foramina) through which various cranial nerves, arteries, veins and other structures pass. To aid learning of these important foramina, I have created this visual mnem...
A medical mystery for Mother's Day...
- I'd like to tell you a curious story. Jane was a 52 year old woman in need of a kidney transplant. Thankfully she had three loving sons who were all very happy to give her one of theirs. So Jane's ...