New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
G7 leaders are urged to commit to health emergency response
The leaders of the world’s seven richest nations have been warned that the world is no better prepared to respond to the Ebola virus than it was a year ago.
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
WHO | WHO statement on the meeting of the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee concerning the international spread of wild poliovirus
- It was the unanimous view of the Committee that the conditions for a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC) have been met.
- A concise mindmap detailing everything you really need to know about antibiotic action!
Who is able to carry out an Emergency Detention of a patient?
- Using the Mental Health Act (Scotland) 2003: In order to carry out an Emergency detention of a patient is FY2 the most junior position that is able to do this (in conjunction with a mental health ...
Ebola remains an international health emergency, WHO warns
- Despite a significant fall in cases of Ebola virus disease in west Africa the outbreak remains a public health emergency of international concern, the World Health Organization has said.
September 11 leaves legacy of chronic ill health among US emergency medical workers
- The September 11 attacks on the World Trade Center in 2001 have left a legacy of chronic ill health among emergency medical workers who attended the scene, a study reported in Occupational and Envi...
WHO | Statement on the 6th meeting of the IHR Emergency Committee regarding the Ebola outbreak in West Africa
- The Director-General declared that the 2014-2015 Ebola outbreak in these West African countries continues to constitute a Public Health Emergency of International Concern.
WHO is unfit for health emergencies, says independent panel
- The World Health Organization lacks the capacity and culture to deal with health emergencies, an independent report into WHO’s handling of the Ebola epidemic has found.1