New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Quantum Dots Allow Measurement of Therapeutic Nanoparticle Penetration |
Confocal images of quantum dots localized within colon cells. While seemingly a myriad of polymer-based nanoparticles for targeted delivery of drugs have b
Help by adding tags...
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
- There are three main solutions to treat leukemia. Chemotherapy is a collection of drugs which target cells that rapidly multiply (a key characteristic in can...
Immune System Flowchart
- When originally learning about the immune system I struggled to understand how the different components developed individually and worked together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent...
TGen study: Destroying tumor material that 'cloaks' cancer cells could benefit patients
- Eliminating 'stroma' could enable anti-cancer drugs to penetrated tumor tissues; improve treatments and extend patient survivalLike a stealth jet cloaks itself from radar, cancer cells...
Potential pancreatic cancer treatment could increase life expectancy
- Device that drives drugs into solid tumors that are poorly vascularized opens the possibility of life-saving surgeries in cancer patientsPancreatic cancer cells are...
Sorin-Cyberonics Merger Receives U.S. Antitrust Approval
- Sorin S.p.A. (MTA; Reuters Code: SORN.MI), a global medical device company and a leader in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases, andCyberonics,...
On-Demand Delivery of Drugs from Nanoparticles Using Ultrasound |
- Over the past decade, drug delivery has evolved from oral, nasal, dermal administration and injections to delivery using nanoparticles, gels and scaffolds
Electromagnetic Field Activated Drug Loaded Nanowires |
- Drug releasing implants can be of great benefit for conditions requiring long term treatment in a targeted area of the body. There are existing devices on