New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Get ahead in your career
- track and evidence all your medical learning
Sign up for free
Help by adding tags...
Summary of aetiology, presentation, investigations and treatment of Gout.
on Thursday 20th November 2008
Write a Comment
Sign in and join the discussion
Medical Student - Liverpool
Posted almost 8 years ago
nice and succinct
Consultant Geriatrician & General Physician - Wye Valley NHS Trust, Hereford
Posted over 4 years ago
Good simple summary - thanks! Some observations: a) v common cause of ac monoarthropathy in older pts b) in these pts, can present v non-specifically - esp if cognitive impairment; & often overlooked/ misdiagnosed as 'infection ?site' (because raised
Earn free CPD/CME
Start automatically tracking your medical learning
Sign up for free
- SImple, to-the-point 10 minute powerpoint overview of gout. Discusses the epidemiology, pathophysiology, investigations, diagnosis, differentials and management.
- Awesome review made by Compound Interest (https://www.facebook.com/compoundchem?fref=ts)
Rheumatoid vs. osteoarthritis
- A comparison of the disease processes of rheumatoid and osteoarthritis
- + Osteoarthritis Fadi Hassan – Hull York Medical School
Gout and Pseudogout
Many patients with gout do not receive recommended treatment
- Among patients in England with gout, only a minority of those with indications to receive urate-lowering therapy were treated according to guideline recommendations, according to a study in...
UK rates of gout soaring, but treatment remains poor
- UK rates of gout have soared since the late1990s, with one in every 40 people now affected by the condition - the highest in Europe - but treatment remains as poor now as it was then, reveals...
Did Michelangelo Have Gout?
- Did Michelangelo have gout? If so, the disease seems to have had little impact on his artistic productivity.
Immune System Flowchart
- When originally learning about the immune system I struggled to understand how the different components developed individually and worked together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent...
Blood groups and Haemolytic Disease of the Newborn
- A poster detailing Rhesus and ABO blood systems, and a brief outline of Haemolytic Disease of the Newborn.
Liver Diseases Revision
- A simplified drawing for the diseases of liver and gallbladder. Hope it helps!