10 items · Last updated Sunday 17th January 2016
Preview

Fungal Infections

A note to summaries fungal infections  
Philip Welsby
about 10 years ago
Preview 300x212

Antibiotics Summary

During our antibiotics teaching at medical school we were told that a recent survey of junior doctors had revealed that a significant proportion didn't realise that augmentin, tazocin, and carbopenems were penicillins and as such should not be given to those with known allergies. I devised a "mind-map" summarising the main antibiotics in use using information from the BNF and my own lecture notes. For me, seeing the information laid out in this manner, pinned above my desk as I work, helps me remember the major classes, their relationships with one another, and their major side-effects.  
bethan goulden
about 10 years ago
Preview

Gram negative bacilli

GRAM  –ve  Bacteria:  BACILLI     ENTEROBACTERIACEAE  ‘Coliforms’   BACTERIA   Salmonella   Escherichia   Campylobacter   S.enterica  …  
Sarah West
almost 8 years ago
Preview

Gram positive bacilli

GRAM  +ve  Bacteria:  BACILLI     SPORE  FORMERS   NON-­‐SPORE  FORMERS   BACTERIA   Clostridium   Bacillis   Listeria   Erysipeloth…  
Sarah West
almost 8 years ago
Preview

Antibiotics

A blog post to help first year medical student remember those pesky antibiotics!  
Mrs Malaika Smith
over 7 years ago
Preview 300x220

Bacteria Mind Map

Julia Marr
over 7 years ago
Preview

Infectious Diseases EMQ

Infectious Diseases Emq - Download as PDF File (.pdf).  
Scribd
about 7 years ago
Preview

Sepsis and SIRS

Definitions. Before discussing SIRS along with the various sepsis syndromes, it is important to understand some basic definitions. Infection: This is the inflammatory response initiated by the presence of a micro-organisms in normally sterile tissue. Bacteraemia: The presence of live bacteria in the blood stream. This can occur in a healthy individual and present with no symptoms. Common causes include surgery, dental procedures and even tooth brushing.  
almostadoctor.com - free medical student revision notes
about 7 years ago
Preview

All You Need to Know About Antibiotics

Dr Ed Wallitt from Podmedics takes you through all you need to know about antibiotics.  
YouTube
over 6 years ago