New to Meducation?
Already signed up? Log In
A board by Miguel Alves Teixeira

Endócrino

No Description
12 items · Last updated Tuesday 17th May 2016
Preview

Type 2 diabetes basics

I am writing a series of endocrinology short (10 slide) presentations on key things i think you need to know as medical students. I will do another presentation on complications in more depth comments pleas I will put some audio with it soon  
Nick Thomas
over 10 years ago
Preview

Endocrinology Tutorial

Slideshow covering adrenal function  
James Davis
almost 9 years ago
B4b29762cd096c944233461b6d0db66f0e27f50e5325789599170969

Thyroid and Parathyroid Slideshow

Understand what the thyroid and parathyroid do and get to grips with calcium homeostasis.  
James Davis
almost 9 years ago

Arachidonic acid pathway (Visual mnemonic)

The Arachidonic acid pathway constitutes one of the main mechanisms to cause inflammation, and knowledge of this pathway helps us to understand how various anti-inflammatory drugs work. In order to remember the Arachidonic acid pathway, I have created this visual mnemonic.  
Sunjay Parmar
over 8 years ago
Preview

Diabetes

This lecture differentiates the Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes mellitus. It enumerates the signs, symptoms, pathophysiology, and management of both types. This lecture is very useful for 1st year and 2nd year medical students. The algorithm for medical management is really helpful. Please use the Clinical Practice Guidelines, in your home country or your country of practice, in managing patients with diabetes mellitus.  
Stephen McAleer
about 8 years ago
Preview

Endocrine Principles

Endocrine Revision  
Stephen McAleer
about 8 years ago
Preview

Diabetes

• Type 1 diabetes – a primary deficiency of insulin, β- cell destruction leads to failure of insulin secretion. May be due to an autoimmune reaction against th…  
Stephen McAleer
about 8 years ago
Preview

Diabetic Foot Examination - OSCE Guide

The ability to carry out a thorough and slick diabetic foot examination is something every medic needs to master. This video aims to give you an idea of what's required in the OSCE and you can then customise the examination to suit your own personal style. Make sure to head over to http://geekymedics.com/2010/10/10/diabetic-foot-examination/ to see the written guide alongside the video. Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/geekymedics Follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/geekymedics You should always adhere to your medical schools / local hospital trusts guidelines when performing examinations or clinical procedures.  
OSCE Videos
over 7 years ago
Preview

Overview of the Endocrine Function of the Pituitary Gland

Illustrated tutorial giving an overview of the hormones secreted from the anterior and posterior pituitary gland, and the role played by the hypothalamus.  
youtube.com
over 5 years ago
7999829a4770ba81d07073d9fca2c148116e7d55039945099996208766

Time to Act on Obesity

Learn more about the complex biology that underlies obesity. What causes it and why is it so hard to lose weight through diet and exercise?  
youtu.be
over 5 years ago
Preview

Thyroid Problems and Disorders

This Pin was discovered by shannon robinette. Discover (and save) your own Pins on Pinterest. Thyroid, Thyroid Problems and Disorders.  
uk.pinterest.com
over 5 years ago

Corticosteroids Overview

Review of corticosteroids pathophysiology, pharmacology, and pharmacotherapy  
Dustie Sieg
over 5 years ago