New to Meducation?
Already signed up? Log In
A board by Catalina Figueroa

My First Board

No Description
15 items · Last updated Thursday 17th July 2014
Preview

Alcoholic Liver Disease and Terlipressin use in Variceal bleeds

A presentation I gave to AAU team in our teaching. A brief basic overview of alcoholic liver disease and the use of Terlipressin in Variceal bleeds - the cochrane review is used for evidence base.  
Lara Gibbs
almost 12 years ago

Myocardial Infarction: Diagnosis and Thrombolytics

Myocardial Infaction (Part 1): This episode will discuss the diagnosis of MI, STEMI, and non-STEMI.  We then discuss the indications and types of thrombolytic agents.  
Jeffrey S. Guy, MD, FACS
about 11 years ago
Preview

Acute Fits

Outline for 2nd year medical students for management of acute fits  
Dr Alastair Buick
about 11 years ago
Preview

Renal replacement therapy in the ICU

Acute kidney injury increases the risk of poor outcome and death. This presentation looks at diagnostic criteria, impact on outcome, and reviews the features and characteristics of the main types of renal replacement therapy available.  
Andrew Ferguson
over 10 years ago
Preview

Renal Physiology and Failure

Overview of renal physiological processes and acute kidney injury.  
Andrew Ferguson
over 10 years ago
Preview

Barrett's Oesophagus - Treatment and Management

This was a presentation of an SSC essay I did wrote on Barrett's Oesophagus. Aims to summarise current management of Barrett's and promote the efficacy of endoscopic over surgical, management which is commonplace in Gloucester Hospital (where I was placed with a Gastro firm at the time)  
Charlotte Patterson
over 10 years ago

Hyperkalaemia - Physiological Aspects

This is the first of a two part tutorial on hyperkalaemia. In this section the aspects surrounding potassium metabolism and its clinical significance are discussed. This tutorial can be watched in isolation, however, the second part will cover the clinical aspects of diagnosis and treatment.  
Martin Weller
over 10 years ago

Hyperkalaemia - Clinical Aspects

This second part of a two part tutorial covers the diagnosis and management of hyperkalaemia. This can be watched in isolation or in conjunction with the first part whcih covers the physiological aspects.  
Martin Weller
over 10 years ago

Pulmonary Oedema 1/2 - Physiology

This is the first of two part tutorial on pulmonary oedema. Here, the underlying physiology is covered. This podcast can be watched in isolation or in conjunction with the second part which covers the clinical aspects.  
Martin Weller
over 10 years ago

Pulmonary Oedema 2/2 - Clinical Aspects

This second part of a two part tutrial covers the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary oedema. This can be watched in isolation or in conjunction with the first part which covers the physiology.  
Martin Weller
over 10 years ago
Img 000

The handy guide to anaemia

The handy guide comprises a series of 5 short videos explaining different aspects of anaemia. The videos show my hands displaying cardboard cut outs of pictures I drew to explain the story of anaemia, an idea which I thought might make the information more memorable for students.  
kate mccormick
over 10 years ago
Preview

Gastroenterology Tutorial

Slideshow covering the some of the key conditions in gastroenterology.  
James Davis
about 9 years ago
Preview

Short guide to respiratory medicine

Short guide detailing diseases of the respiratory system.  
John Ferns
about 9 years ago
Preview 300x212

The quality of life pre and post cardioversion in patients with Atrial fibrillation

A retrospective study of AF patients that had undergone successful Cardioversion at Wigan hospital was carried out. Data from 50 cardioverted patients was obtained from the hospital database and questionnaires regarding their quality of life (QoL) before and after Cardioversion were posted to them. The data was collected and a comparison was made between scoring of patients before and after undergoing Cardioversion.  
Nadia Jaberansari
almost 9 years ago
Preview

Atrial Fibrillation

Atrial Fibrillation - latest guidelines  
Khairul Azhar Abu Bakar
almost 9 years ago