almost 12 years ago
Preview

Opthalmology Quiz

Opthalmology Quiz Sian Chivers  
Deleted User
over 11 years ago
Preview 300x212

Antibiotics Summary

During our antibiotics teaching at medical school we were told that a recent survey of junior doctors had revealed that a significant proportion didn't realise that augmentin, tazocin, and carbopenems were penicillins and as such should not be given to those with known allergies. I devised a "mind-map" summarising the main antibiotics in use using information from the BNF and my own lecture notes. For me, seeing the information laid out in this manner, pinned above my desk as I work, helps me remember the major classes, their relationships with one another, and their major side-effects.  
bethan goulden
over 9 years ago
Img 000

The handy guide to anaemia

The handy guide comprises a series of 5 short videos explaining different aspects of anaemia. The videos show my hands displaying cardboard cut outs of pictures I drew to explain the story of anaemia, an idea which I thought might make the information more memorable for students.  
kate mccormick
over 9 years ago
Preview

A medical student guide to Red Eye

This booklet was developed as a part of Special Study Unit (Doctors as Teachers) at Peninsula Medical School. This booklet covers some of the important aspects of Ophthalmology. This booklet could be used as a quick revision guide before finals and also could be used along Ophthalmology placements. The purpose of this booklet is to provide some insight into the most common presentations of red eye and their management.  
Nirosa Vicneswararajah
over 8 years ago
Preview

Haematological Malignancies Slideshow

Get a brief overview of the haematological system - covering Leukaemias, Lymphomas, Myelomas and other paraproteinaemias.  
Oscar Swift
over 8 years ago
Preview

Haematology Tutorial

Haematology tutorial covering key topics in haematology  
James Davis
over 8 years ago
Preview 300x222

Anatomical relations of the Middle ear (Visual mnemonic)

The Middle ear has a plethora of structures within and surrounding it. To aid learning of these important structures, I have created this visual mnemonic. Note: The view is seen from the Right Lateral Wall (i.e. Tympanic membrane removed to see middle ear interior).  
Sunjay Parmar
almost 8 years ago
Preview

Stevens Johnson Syndrome

This is a tutorial on Stevens Johnson Syndrome  
Dr Alastair Buick
about 7 years ago
7c22e2d445978f7fb370dcb57c3db47f984b5d1d9093653857890808

Antibiotics Mindmap

A concise mindmap detailing everything you really need to know about antibiotic action!  
Julia Marr
almost 7 years ago
0bd973c233e12ed4bb4d6931df11aa9392b2ed461229346028817283

Blood Transfusions Medical Quiz

This quiz covers indications, complications and blood products. Information from NICE guidelines, JPAC website (joint UK blood transfusion and tissue transplantation) and oxford handbook of clinical medicine.  
bethan
almost 7 years ago