New to Meducation?
Already signed up? Log In
A board by Sarosh Kamal

pharmacology

No Description
16 items · Last updated Saturday 2nd July 2016
Preview

Antibiotic therapy

A guide to classes of antibiotics, how antibiotics work against bacteria and mechanisms of bacterial resistance.  
Rafi Ahmed
almost 7 years ago
Preview

Learn: Antidepressant, Antipsychotic, Antianxiety Drugs (by lekhoa) - Memorize.com - Remember and Understand

Learn Antidepressant, Antipsychotic, Antianxiety Drugs facts using a simple interactive process (flashcard, matching, or multiple choice). Finally a format that helps you memorize and understand. Browse or search in thousands of pages or create your own page using a simple wizard. No signup required!  
memorize.com
almost 7 years ago
Preview

MNEMONICS: ANTIDEPRESSANT DRUGS

Mnemonics means special methods to remember that simply helps in the perfect recall. This site currently contains mnemonics for pharmacology only and other subjects will be covered gradually. If you have interesting and useful mnemonics to share, do send it to me by email (bestmnemonics@gmail.com). Your contribution will be duly acknowledged. Thank you.  
nemonicks.blogspot.com
almost 7 years ago
Preview

USMLE Pharmacology Mnemonics

a list of usmle pharmacology mneumonics  
prep4usmle.com
almost 7 years ago
Preview

Alpha & Beta Receptors

Great notes from Tumblr.  
mynotes4usmle.tumblr.com
almost 7 years ago

tumblr_mo73s5w7BR1qgrnh8o1_1280.jpg

37.media.tumblr.com
almost 7 years ago
Foo20151013 2023 m4u3lk?1444774141

I can't get my head around pharmacology

Maybe it’s just me, but I cannot get my head around pharmacology and antibiotics are certainly doing their best to finish me off! My group at uni decided that this was one area that we needed to revise, and the task fell on my hands to provide the material for a revision session. So, the night before the session I began to panic about how to come up with any useful tips for my group, or indeed anyone at all, to try to remember anything useful about antibiotics at all. If only Paracetamoxyfrusebendroneomycin was a real drug, it would make our lives so much easier. Come on Adam Kay and Suman Biswas, get the trials started and create your wonderful super drug. For the mean time I guess I will just have to keep blissfully singing along to your song. However, that is not going to help me with my task in hand. After a lot of research that even took me beyond the realms of Wikipedia (something I do not often like to do), I found various sources suggesting remembering these Top 10 Rules (and their exceptions) All cell wall inhibitors are ?-lactams (except vancomycin) All penicillins are water soluble (nafcillin) All protein synthesis inhibitors are bacteriostatic (aminoglycosides) All cocci are Gram positive (Neisseria spp.) All bacilli are Gram negative (anthrax, tetanus, botulism, diptheria) All spirochetes are Gram negative Tetracyclines and macrolides are used for intracellular bacteria Pregnant women should not take tetracyclines, aminoglycosides, fluroquinolones, or sulfonamides Antibiotics beginning with a ‘C’ are particularly associated with pseudomembranous colitis While the penicillins are the most famous for causing allergies, people may also react to cephalosporins If those work for you, then I guess you can stop reading now… If they don’t, I can’t promise that I have anything better, but give these other tips that I found a whirl… Alternatively, I have created a Page on my own blog called Rang and Dale’s answer to Antibiotics, which summarises their information, so please take a look at that. Most people will suggest that you can categorise antibiotics in three ways, and it’s best to pick one and learn examples of them. Mode of action: bactericidal (kill) bacteriostatic (stop multiplying) 2 mnemonics to potentially help you remember examples: We’re ECSTaTiC about bacteriostatics? Erythromycin Clindamycin Sulphonamides Tetracyclines Trimethoprim Chloramphenicol Very Finely Proficient At Cell Murder (bactericidal) - Vancomycin Fluroquinolones Penicillins Aminoglycosides Cephalosporins Metranidazole Spectrum of activity: broad-spectrum (gram positive AND negative) narrow (gram positive OR negative) Mechanism of action Inhibit cell wall synthesis Inhibit nucleic acid synthesis Inhibit protein synthesis Inhibit cell membrane synthesis If you have any more weird and wonderful ways to remember antibiotics, let me know and I will add them! As always, thank you for reading.  
Mrs Malaika Smith
over 7 years ago
Cfd2e371ff69ee30497aab8712168b9941e69e65592577899768066

Antibiotics summary

Classifications of antibiotics - a useful summary. The Table is no way complete. Kindly Ignore Spelling mistakes Checkout mynotes4usmle.tumblr.com for more  
Sarosh Kamal
almost 6 years ago
A751c4c4bf953735eb24720481a9372a62cce6105498749298956503

Pain Killers

Awesome review made by Compound Interest (https://www.facebook.com/compoundchem?fref=ts)  
Mara
almost 6 years ago
Preview

ALPHA BETA blockers and agonists

Agonists and antagonists for Alpha ,Beta receptors  
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com
over 5 years ago
3880993fec67d7ba86196879992e413508fca60a3387878945929791

Time Dependent Beta Lactam Mind Map

I made this. I spent a lot of time on it, so I hope it's useful.  
Christina
over 5 years ago
20ce04a9edf6422fec29854da22a7db289c3aee15901643818199305

Antiarrhythmic Drugs

Useful refresher flashcard!  
Nicole Chalmers
over 5 years ago

Pharmacology Illustrated

ataglanceseries.com
over 5 years ago
Preview

Antiarrhythmics

An overview of the antiarrhythmics drugs by Dr Benjamin Smeeton.  
vimeo.com
over 5 years ago
Preview

Antibiotics chart

Spectrum of antimicrobials  
i.imgur.com
almost 5 years ago