New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Combo Treatment Effective for Depression in Older Patients
Adding an antipsychotic to an antidepressant proves effective in older patients with resistant depression.
Help by adding tags...
What is the difference in initial treatment in patients with acute stroke and TIA?
- I know the difference between stroke and TIA is that a stroke lasts longer than 24 hours and a TIA resolves within 24 hours, but what happens if a patient with a TIA presents before their symptoms ...
Foramina of the Skull (Visual mnemonic)
- The skull has numerous holes (foramina) through which various cranial nerves, arteries, veins and other structures pass. To aid learning of these important foramina, I have created this visual mnem...
Black heart failure patients endangered further by depression
- A new study has found that symptoms of depression in African-American heart failure patients could increase their risk of being hospitalized or dying.
TECFIDERA (dimethyl fumarate) data reinforce strong, sustained efficacy for newly-diagnosed MS patients
- Biogen has announced new data that continue to support TECFIDERA® (dimethyl fumarate) as an effective, long-term treatment for people who are living with relapsing forms of multiple...
Antidepressant Washout Safe in Resistant Depression
- Taking patients with treatment-resistant depression off antidepressant medication for a period in order to initiate a new antidepressant agent appears to be safe.
Pearls for Airway Management in the Obese Patient - HQMedEd.com
Endocrine System Chart
- Useful chart explaining glands and hormones!