New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
PrEP Effective in High-risk Group in Three-City Project
A demonstration project in three major US cities showed more evidence for the effectiveness of preexposure prophylaxis for HIV in high-risk groups.
Help by adding tags...
ABCD2 Score - Stroke Risk
- ABCD2 score for predicting the risk of stroke after a TIA Age > 60 years (1 point)
Bacteriology Map: Cocci, Bacili and Spiral
- An incredible diagram on bacteriology. Remember a lot of hard details quickly and easily!
Taking a longer term view of cardiovascular risk: the causal exposure paradigm
- Allan D Sniderman and colleagues argue that many people already have advanced arterial damage when they are identified to be at high risk of a cardiovascular event and that a better approach would ...
Marijuana: Risk or Remedy? - The Naked Scientists
- Naked Scientists - 24th Feb 2015 - Marijuana: Risk or Remedy?
Study finds increased risk of type 2 diabetes with statin use
- A new study associates statin use with a 46% increased risk of type 2 diabetes. This risk is linked to statins that reduce insulin sensitivity and secretion, say the authors.
New model for predicting cardiovascular disease risk worldwide
- Researchers have developed the first global model for predicting cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk. The model -developed by Harvard T.H.
HCV Antiviral Simeprevir Label Warns of Cardiac Risk
- The approved labeling change from the FDA warns of an increased risk of bradycardia with simeprevir when it is used in combination with amiodarone and sofosbuvir.