New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
New Approach to Fibromyalgia Tackles Poor-Quality Sleep
For patients with fibromyalgia, improving the quality of sleep can help improve other features of the syndrome, including pain, new analyses show.
Help by adding tags...
Fibromyalgia linked to decreased brain connectivity
- The causes of fibromyalgia are unknown. Now a new study finds people with the chronic pain condition have decreased connectivity between pain regions and other parts of the brain.
Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases
- A clear illustration of immunodeficiency disorders.
Poor sleep tied to widespread pain and fibromyalgia
- New study finds that of a number of factors, non-restorative sleep was the most strongly linked to development of widespread pain or fibromyalgia in older adults.
Fibromyalgia pain and fatigue reduced by vitamin D supplementation
- Patients with fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS) typically have widespread chronic pain and fatigue.
Worse fibromyalgia symptoms reported by young people
- It may seem counterintuitive, but young and middle-aged fibromyalgia patients report worse symptoms and poorer quality of life than older patients, a Mayo Clinic study shows.
Rational Biological Source Of Pain Found In The Skin Of Patients With Fibromyalgia
- Fibromyalgia, a painful condition affecting approximately 10 million people in the U.S., is not imaginary after all, as some doctors have believed.
- One page summary of Fibromyalgia