New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Birth at 33-38 Weeks Equals Higher Risk of Type 1 Diabetes
Preterm and early-term babies have an increased type 1 diabetes risk, while conversely, very preterm birth, very low birth weight, and small-for-gestational-age babies have a lower risk.
Help by adding tags...
The Embryology Of The Skin
- a power point presentation about the embryological development of the skin
Fetal Circulation Right Before Birth
- Watch how the blood flows through the fetal circulation and compare it to what happens in the baby's body.
Preterm birth and the role of neuroprotection
- Preterm birth remains a common complication of pregnancy and causes substantial neonatal morbidity and mortality. As improvements in the care of preterm neonates have outpaced efforts to prevent pr...
Revised guidelines on reducing risk, treatment options for thromboembolic disease in pregnancy
- Advice on preventing and treating venous thromboembolism (VTE) during pregnancy, birth and following delivery is outlined in two new revised guidelines published 13 April by the Royal College...
Older Nulliparous Women Have Higher Risk for Stillbirth
- Older Nulliparous Women Have Higher Risk for Stillbirth. However, a Swedish study has found that the age-related risk is reduced in parous women, possibly because of physiological changes during e...
How Sick Is This Toddler With a Rash?
- A droopy toddler with a rash might have a minor illness -- or a potentially life-threating one.