New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Focus On: Meningitis - Beyond Fever, Stiff Neck, and Altered Mental Status
Acute bacterial meningitis is a significant source of patient morbidity and mortality even when appropriate antibiotic therapy is initiated.
Help by adding tags...
Focus On: Thrombolytic Therapy in Acute Ischemic Stroke
- Initial management of the stroke patient in the emergency department requires prompt evaluation and stabilization.
Foramina of the Skull (Visual mnemonic)
- The skull has numerous holes (foramina) through which various cranial nerves, arteries, veins and other structures pass. To aid learning of these important foramina, I have created this visual mnem...
Black Box Warnings: Implications for Clinical Practice, Antidepressants, and Suicide, Part 3: Depression Treatment and Suicide Rates Following the Black Box Warnings
- The podcast series titled "Black Box Warnings: Implications for Clinical Practice, Antidepressants, and Suicide" is divided into three parts. In Part 3, Drs. Sid Zisook and Stephen Stahl discuss an...
Q&A: Antibiotic resistance - BBC News
- Why are many antibiotic drugs no longer working and who is to blame?
Antimicrobial resistance is now widespread, warns WHO
- Widespread resistance to antimicrobial drugs is not a future threat—it is happening now in hospitals and in the community, a report from the World Health Organization warns.1
RE-WARM (Really Easy WAys to Remember Medicine): Antibiotic Classification
- The best way to remember heaps of information is by association. This is a collection of stories/mnemonics/pictures created by medics to help remember majorly boring stuff.
Antibiotic Classification & Mechanism - Basic Science - Orthobullets.com
- Inhibit 30s SubunitAminoglycosides (gentamicin)TetracyclinesInhibit 50s SubunitMacrolidesChloramphenicolClindamycinLinezolid Streptogramins