New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Diabetes Mellitus in Pregnancy
Overview of Gestational Diabetes Mellitus & Pre-Gestational Diabetes, management and complications to both mother and infant.
Help by adding tags...
Pre-Eclampsia and Hypertensive Disease in Pregnancy
- Based on presentation I gave as a medical student doing Obstetrics and Gynaecology in 2009. More details pertaining to each slide are in the Notes sections.
- The “Arterial Schematic” represents the intricate three-dimensional human arterial system in a highly simplified two-dimensional design reminiscent of the London Underground Map. Each “line” repres...
Gestational Diabetes and Diabetes in Pregnancy
- Resistance to insulin is a normal physiological response in pregnancy, thought to be induced by maternal hormones. However, in some women, this is severe enough to result in gestational diabetes. ...
Hormones in Pregnancy
- This is the second in a series of 2 screencasts about the hormones in pregnancy. This covers the hormones in the 3rd trimester.
Gestational Diabetes: Ultrasounds Overestimate LGA Risk
- Ultrasounds for women with gestational diabetes overestimate the risk for large-for-gestational-age infants and, regardless of the infant's actual weight, increase the odds of cesarean delivery.
Endocrincology: Diabetes Mellitus by Paul W.Bolin, MD
- (Disclaimer: The medical information contained herein is intended for physician medical licensing exam review purposes only, and are not intended for diagnos...
Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases
- A clear illustration of immunodeficiency disorders.