New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
The Kidney & the Counter Current Multiplier
An animation to explain the kidney's role in balancing H2O and electrolytes by creating a concentration gradient in the nephrons.
Help by adding tags...
Renal Physiology and Failure
- Overview of renal physiological processes and acute kidney injury.
Cranial Nerves - Anatomy, Clinical Signs and Study Tips
- This is a teaching resource that aids the student in memorisation of the Cranial Nerves, their anatomical path and function. Additionally, it stimulates a clinical approach to the functions of t...
Kidney: Nephron & molecular transport
- A simple but detailed view of the transport of various components in urine into and out of the renal tubule; from hyperfiltration at the glomerulus, to excretion in the urine.
Nephron Function Tutorial
- This tutorial explores the function of the nephron, in particular: Filtration, Reabsorption, Secretion and Excretion. It explains explains the solutes involved and how they are processed by the nep...
Concentration of Urine
- Physiology lecture discussing the counter-current mechanism for concentration of urine via development of a hypertonic medullary interstitium at the hairpin turn of the loop of Henle.
Renal Lecture: Physiology of the kidney
- Physiology of the kidney
Human A&P: Anatomy of the Kidney, Nephron, and Urinary System (model walk-through)
- Plenty of models to go around.
- Renal Physiology