New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Cardiac Pressure-Volume Loop
This tutorial explores the relationship between pressure and volume in the left ventricle of the heart.
Help by adding tags...
Prolapsed Mitral Valve
- The mitral valve (or bicuspid valve) separates the left atrium and left ventricle. Its function is to close as the heart contacts (i.e. when pressure increases in the ventricle) to prevent blood...
- The “Arterial Schematic” represents the intricate three-dimensional human arterial system in a highly simplified two-dimensional design reminiscent of the London Underground Map. Each “line” repres...
What is Eisenmenger syndrome?
- Eisenmenger's syndrome is when blood in the heart shunts from right-to-left due to increased pressure in the right ventricle. This increased pressure is usua...
Balloon Atrial Septostomy to Treat Transposition of the Great Arteries (TGA) - CHOP
- Learn more at http://heart.chop.edu. In this animation, The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia demonstrates a balloon atrial septostomy to treat transpositi...
Cricoid pressure in new DAS (Difficult Airway Society) Guidelines: still on?
- In memory of Dr John Hinds
Under pressure: Endotracheal tube cuffs
- Great aeromedical #FOAMEd from #BadEM crew Under pressure: Endotracheal tube cuffs
- Classifications of antibiotics - a useful summary. The Table is no way complete. Kindly Ignore Spelling mistakes Checkout mynotes4usmle.tumblr.com for more
The Clotting Cascade Diagram
- An image of both the intrinsic and extrinsic pathways of the clotting cascade including the interactions between the two and other finer details.