New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Visual Processing in the Retina
In this episode, I talk about the visual processing that happens in the retina, starting with the rods and cones, going to the bipolar cells and then the ganglion cells. Watch to learn how this process works.
Help by adding tags...
How Rods and Cones respond to Light
- In this episode, I go through the process of how rods and cones respond to light. I use Rods as an example and show how Rhodopsin, Transducin and Phosphodiesterase are involved in the process.
Acute back pain Presentation
- An overview of clinical back pain, looking at common aetiology and methods of avoiding reinjury.
The Receptive Field of a Ganglion Cell
- In this episode, I talk about receptive field of ganglion cells, showing how rods and cones are connected to bipolar cells that are then connected to Ganglion cells.
Ear Organ of Corti
- An animation of the organ in the inner ear of mammals that contain auditory inner and outer haircells.
Opioid Pharmacology Lecture
- This presentation includes classification, cellular mechanisms and agonist and antagonists.
Beginner’s guide to the Retina |
- The retina can be intimidating as it’s not easy to visualize the posterior pole and there is a bunch of pathology back there. There are many things I could cover in this chapter, but I’ve decided ...
Retina Treatment Comparison Data Awaited at EURETINA
- Results from Navina, HARBOR, and Protocol T, to be presented at the conference, are expected to provide insight into treatments for diabetic macular edema and age-related macular degeneration.
Blood groups and Haemolytic Disease of the Newborn
- A poster detailing Rhesus and ABO blood systems, and a brief outline of Haemolytic Disease of the Newborn.