New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Modern management of splenic trauma
Initial resuscitation, diagnostic evaluation, and management of the trauma patient is based on protocols from Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
Help by adding tags...
Traumatic Shock and Fluid Resuscitation
- Fluid resuscitation done poorly can result in significant complications to the patient. This episode will present some of the newer considerations in fluid resuscitation in traumatic shock.&n...
- A concise mindmap detailing everything you really need to know about antibiotic action!
Burns: Fluid Creep
- <p>Excessive fluid resuscitations lead to horrible complications such as abdominal compartment syndrome. This article takes a critical look and challanges many of our practices in fluid resuscitati...
Managing the pregnant trauma patient
- One of the patients seriously injured in a multi-vehicle pile up is pregnant. What are the implications for trauma management?
Massive Transfusion in trauma resus
- Trauma resuscitation of the critically ill hemorrhagic shock patient. The concept of bare minimum normotension and massive transfusion
Top 10 Reasons NOT to Order a CT Pan Scan in a Stable Blunt Trauma Patient
- Top 10 Reasons Not to Order a CT Pan Scan in a Stable Blunt Trauma Patient
Let’s be clear! Not all trauma patients must be treated with spinal immobilization during prehospital resuscitation and transport.
- In memory of Dr John Hinds