New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Acute leukemias affect specialized blood cells at the most immature stage in their growth. Acute lymphoblastic leukemias (ALL) are the most common cancer in ...
Help by adding tags...
- Chronic leukemias affect specialized blood cells that are partially through the process of maturation. Chronic lymphoblastic leukemias (CLL) often cause an e...
A medical mystery for Mother's Day...
- I'd like to tell you a curious story. Jane was a 52 year old woman in need of a kidney transplant. Thankfully she had three loving sons who were all very happy to give her one of theirs. So Jane's ...
- Learn how leukemia can be classified as an acute or chronic and myeloid or lymphoid disease. More free lessons at: http://www.khanacademy.org/video?v=frUCL0s...
- Sometimes an immature blast cell have two gene mutations which prevent it from maturing into a specialized blood cell and cause it to multiply out of control...
What is leukemia?
- Leukemia is a collection of cancers which create a large amount of immature blood cells. These immature blood cells take up space in the bone marrow, prevent...
Internal medicine on Instagram: “Leukemia cutis forearms Leukemia cutis: extensor forearms.”
- “Leukemia cutis forearms Leukemia cutis: extensor forearms.”
In the sea, a deadly form of leukemia is catching
- Outbreaks of leukemia that have devastated some populations of soft-shell clams along the east coast of North America for decades can be explained by the spread of cancerous tumor cells from...