New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Ventricular septal defect
An ventricular septal defect is a hole between the two ventricles of the heart. Normally this hole is present at birth but closes within a few days of life. ...
Help by adding tags...
Summary of Congenital Cardiac Abnormalities
- Cardiac abnormalities in children are predominantly congenital. Cardiac abnormalities are the largest group of congenital defects Epidemiology 8 per 1000 children have a significant congenital ca...
- A concise mindmap detailing everything you really need to know about antibiotic action!
VSD - Ventricular Septal Defect
Atrial septal defect
- An atrial septal defect is a hole between the two atriums of the heart. Normally this hole is present at birth but closes within a few days of life. Failure ...
What is acyanotic heart disease?
- Acyanotic heart disease is a group of heart conditions where blood with oxygen mixes with blood with little oxygen in the heart. This mixing is not enough to...
FDA expands indication for On-X Life's heart valve – MassDevice
- On-X Life Technologies said it nailed down an expanded labeling claim from the FDA for its aortic mechanical heart valve.
8 Tips for Dealing With the Loss of a Loved One
- I am often asked by clients and friends how they can get over and heal from the loss or death of a loved one. My answer to them is always the same. You d...