New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
What is acyanotic heart disease?
Acyanotic heart disease is a group of heart conditions where blood with oxygen mixes with blood with little oxygen in the heart. This mixing is not enough to...
Help by adding tags...
Acute Limb Ischaemia
Immunology principles mindmap
- A mindmap of some key principles of immunology I made for revision purposes. Nothing too complicated (hopefully)!
- Heart Failure is... Inability of the heart to pump adequate amounts of blood to meet the body's metabolic demands End stage of all heart diseases Accounts for 5 in 1000 hospital admission each year...
Congenital Cyanotic Heart Disease
- Congenital cyanotic heart disease – aka blue baby syndrome These account for about 25% of all congenital heart defects Causes – there are lots more! In the exam, you might be asked to examine a c...
Summary of Congenital Cardiac Abnormalities
- Cardiac abnormalities in children are predominantly congenital. Cardiac abnormalities are the largest group of congenital defects Epidemiology 8 per 1000 children have a significant congenital ca...
Acyanotic heart disease diagnosis
- How do we know a patient has an acyanotic heart disease? Learn how health care professionals use a variety of tools to diagnosis these conditions, such as st...
Hemorrhagic pericardial tamponade
- Traditional teaching often suggests the ultrasound appearance of pericardial tamponade is typified by a large echo free (black) rim of pericardial fluid around the heart. Haemorrhagic tamponade is ...