New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Introduction to Cancer Biology (Part 1): Abnormal Signal Transduction
This animation is the first part of the series "An Introduction to Cancer Biology", and explains the mechanism of abnormal signal transduction resulting in u...
Help by adding tags...
Mutations in Cancer
- How somatic mutations can lead to cancer.
- A concise mindmap detailing everything you really need to know about antibiotic action!
Cancer Genetics: Review of DNA & Proteins
- Very brief overview of how how DNA works in the cells to produce proteins.
Effects of Cancer 1
- Discuss the effects of cancer, as they relate to the underlying cell physiology. In particular, we discuss how genetic mutations lead to the creation of aber...
Introduction to Cancer Biology (Part 4): Angiogenesis
- As the tumor grows, it eventually reaches a size where it requires additional vasculature in order to sustain continued growth. To achieve this, tumor cells ...
Introduction to Cancer Biology (Part 3): Tissue Invasion and Metastasis
- Another common mechanism of cancer biology is the ability of malignant cells to migrate from their original site to organs throughout the body. This animatio...
Introduction to Cancer Biology (Part 2): Loss of Apoptosis
- Apoptosis or "programmed cell death" is a mechanism by which organisms limit the growth and replication of cells. Loss of apoptosis is one of the key mechani...