New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Newborn babies to be tested for rare diseases - BBC News
The heel-prick blood test will now also test for a number of rare conditions.
Help by adding tags...
MPs call for newborn muscular dystrophy test - BBC News
- A group of MPs calls for the government to allow a newborn screening test for the deadly muscle-wasting condition Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.
Blood groups and Haemolytic Disease of the Newborn
- A poster detailing Rhesus and ABO blood systems, and a brief outline of Haemolytic Disease of the Newborn.
Transplant first: Organ donation from UK newborn - BBC News
- Doctors have carried out the first organ transplant from a newborn in the UK, giving a dead baby's kidneys and liver cells to two separate recipients.
Newborn baby Teddy was UK's youngest ever organ donor - BBC News
- A newborn baby, who lived for less than two hours, became the UK's youngest ever organ donor a year ago, it has been revealed.
How this couch changed everything - BBC News
- How did psychiatry become linked with one particular item of furniture?
Do you really need to take 10,000 steps a day to keep fit? - BBC News
- It's the aim set by Fitbit and other fitness trackers.
Blood test 'detects cancer relapse' - BBC News
- Searching blood for fragments of cancer can find tumours that have come back months before symptoms appear, a study shows.