New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Orthopaedic examination videos
Freedom of Information | Disclaimer | Accessibility | Sitemap © 2016 Copyright University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust
Help by adding tags...
Introduction to musculoskeletal examination
- Clinical examination of the musculoskeletal system has for a long time been regarded as difficult by medical students. It appears complex and until recently there has been no agreement on which ski...
Anatomy of the upper respiratory system
- Illustration of the nasal cavity, paranasal sinuses, pharynx, larynx, trachea and esophagus.
The GALS screening examination | Arthritis Research UK
- The GALS screening examination is designed for routine clerking of a patient. It is available in both video and CD format elsewhere. A brief revision form is presented here.
Regional examination of the musculoskeletal system: introduction video
- Regional examination of the musculoskeletal system (REMS) refers to the more detailed examination that would be expected once an abnormality has been detected through either the history or screenin...
Examination of the elbow | Arthritis Research UK
- Begin with looking at the patient from the front for the normal carrying angle, and from the side for any flexion deformity. The posterior aspect of the elbow is inspected for obvious scars, swelli...
Examination of the shoulder | Arthritis Research UK
- With both shoulders fully exposed, look from the front, the side and behind the patient for obvious loss of symmetry, muscle wasting or scars.
Examination of the hip | Arthritis Research UK
- With the patient lying as flat as possible look from the end of the bed comparing for symmetry. In a fractured neck of femur, for example, one leg may be shortened and externally rotated.