New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
High blood pressure treatment device 'promising' - BBC News
A device the size of a paper clip inserted in the groin has shown promising results in lowering blood pressure, scientists say.
Help by adding tags...
- CHADSVASc score for assessing the risk of stroke in AF Congestive heart failure (1 point) Hypertension (1 point) Age >75 years (2 point) Diabetes Mellitus (1 point) Prior Stroke or TIA (2 points) V...
The Clotting Cascade Diagram
- An image of both the intrinsic and extrinsic pathways of the clotting cascade including the interactions between the two and other finer details.
Hypertension - Antihypertensive Medications
- A review of the classes, mechanisms, indications, and contraindications for antihypertensive meds, along with specific recommendations when starting therapy.
A patient with type 2 diabetes and a burning sensation in his feet
- A 64 year old man with type 2 diabetes diagnosed nine years earlier attended the outpatient diabetes clinic because of suboptimal diabetes control. His glycated haemoglobin over the past five years...
Treatment of hypertension in patients with end stage renal failure on haemodialysis?
- I heard a renal registrar mention that patients put on haemodialysis who are previously diagnosed with hypertension often don't require pharmacological treatment any more. Why would this be? Is th...
Are headaches associated with hypertension?
- Some people say there is an association between headaches and hypertension. However, I had a lecturer who said that hypertension in the general public is not associated with headaches. Which is c...
New recommendations for treating patients with high blood pressure and cardiovascular disease - American Heart Association Scientific Statement
- A new scientific statement issued jointly by three medical organizations and published in the American Heart Association's journal Hypertension, addresses how low to aim when treating...