New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Opioids During Pregnancy Put Babies at Risk
Type of opioid, presence of smoking, and SSRI use increase risk
Help by adding tags...
BPA exposure during pregnancy linked to mothers' future diabetes risk
- Animal study finds BPA associated with reduced glucose tolerance, beta cell dysfunctionExposure to the endocrine-disrupting chemical bisphenol A during pregnancy may...
Blood groups and Haemolytic Disease of the Newborn
- A poster detailing Rhesus and ABO blood systems, and a brief outline of Haemolytic Disease of the Newborn.
Revised guidelines on reducing risk, treatment options for thromboembolic disease in pregnancy
- Advice on preventing and treating venous thromboembolism (VTE) during pregnancy, birth and following delivery is outlined in two new revised guidelines published 13 April by the Royal College...
Exposure to prescription opioid analgesics in utero and risk of neonatal abstinence syndrome: population based cohort study
- Objective To provide absolute and relative risk estimates of neonatal abstinence syndrome (NAS) based on duration and timing of prescription opioid use during pregnancy in the presence or absence o...
Birth at 33-38 Weeks Equals Higher Risk of Type 1 Diabetes
- Preterm and early-term babies have an increased type 1 diabetes risk, while conversely, very preterm birth, very low birth weight, and small-for-gestational-age babies have a lower risk.
Nephritic vs Nephrotic Glomerular Diseases
Choosing a Specialty
- Remember when you were doing uni applications, and had to deal with the same handful of questions from people you bumped into…