New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Mathematical tool could help emergency services deal with Ebola, pandemics
An evolutionary analysis of public health data during a major disease outbreak, such as bird flu, E.
Help by adding tags...
WHO | Statement on the 4th meeting of the IHR Emergency Committee regarding the 2014 Ebola outbreak in West Africa
- The 4th meeting of IHR Emergency Committee was convened to review, in accordance with IHR provisions, whether the event continued to constitute a Public Health Emergency of International Concern.
Anatomy of the upper respiratory system
- Illustration of the nasal cavity, paranasal sinuses, pharynx, larynx, trachea and esophagus.
WHO | Statement on the 5th meeting of the IHR Emergency Committee regarding the Ebola outbreak in West Africa
- The 5th meeting of the Emergency Committee convened by the WHO Director-General under the International Health Regulations (IHR) 2005 regarding the Ebola virus disease (EVD, or “Ebola”) outbreak in...
Ebola remains an international health emergency, WHO warns
- Despite a significant fall in cases of Ebola virus disease in west Africa the outbreak remains a public health emergency of international concern, the World Health Organization has said.
September 11 leaves legacy of chronic ill health among US emergency medical workers
- The September 11 attacks on the World Trade Center in 2001 have left a legacy of chronic ill health among emergency medical workers who attended the scene, a study reported in Occupational and Envi...
Inflight Medical Emergencies - The Original Kings of County
- Dr. Carmelli was kind enough to share a great article with the wilderness medicine division this month on “inflight medical emergencies.” he talked about how often they occurred and what type of g...
Keep Emergency for Emergencies? Reframing the basic assumption - CanadiEM
- Recently a commercial that asked patients to "Keep emergency for emergencies" went viral. I think it is time we rethink our assumptions about ED patients.