New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Researchers identify gene linked with early epilepsy
Certain types of early-onset epilepsy are caused by previously unknown mutations of a potassium channel gene, KCNA2. The mutations disrupt the electrical balance in the brain in two ways.
Help by adding tags...
Researchers hope to keep deadly brain diseases in check following prion discovery
- New research from David Westaway, PhD, of the University of Alberta and Jiri Safar, PhD, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine has uncovered a quality control mechanism in brain...
A medical mystery for Mother's Day...
- I'd like to tell you a curious story. Jane was a 52 year old woman in need of a kidney transplant. Thankfully she had three loving sons who were all very happy to give her one of theirs. So Jane's ...
Researchers identify brain regions that encode words, grammar, story
- Brain scans of Harry Potter readers yield computational model of readingSome people say that reading 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' taught them the importance...
Researchers find potential anti-cancer use for anti-epilepsy drug
- Scientists at the University of York have discovered that a drug used widely to combat epilepsy has the potential to reduce the growth and spread of breast cancer.
Researchers Successfully Grow Five Week Old Fetal Brain |
- This image of the lab-grown brain is labeled to show identifiable structures: the cerebral hemisphere, the optic stalk and the cephalic flexure, a bend in
- The “Arterial Schematic” represents the intricate three-dimensional human arterial system in a highly simplified two-dimensional design reminiscent of the London Underground Map. Each “line” repres...
Immunology principles mindmap
- A mindmap of some key principles of immunology I made for revision purposes. Nothing too complicated (hopefully)!