New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Important Evidence Supporting Fibromyalgia As A Spectrum Disorder
Researchers have determined that fibromyalgia prevalence is 2.1% of the general population in Germany.
Help by adding tags...
Hypersensitivity to non-painful events may be part of pathology in fibromyalgia
- New research shows that patients with fibromyalgia have hypersensitivity to non-painful events based on images of the patients' brains, which show reduced activation in primary sensory regions...
Choosing a Specialty
- Remember when you were doing uni applications, and had to deal with the same handful of questions from people you bumped into…
Merkel cells and the sense of touch: research has implications for diabetes, fibromyalgia and more
- By solving a long standing scientific mystery, the common saying 'you just hit a nerve' might need to be updated to 'you just hit a Merkel cell,' jokes Jianguo Gu, PhD, a pain researcher at the...
Study finds evidence of nerve damage in around half of fibromyalgia patients
- About half of a small group of patients with fibromyalgia - a common syndrome that causes chronic pain and other symptoms - was found to have damage to nerve fibers in their skin and other...
Men With Fibromyalgia Often Go Undiagnosed, Mayo Clinic Study Suggests
- Fibromyalgia is a complex illness to diagnose and to treat. There is not yet a diagnostic test to establish that someone has it, there is no cure and many fibromyalgia symptoms - pain...
- One page summary of Fibromyalgia
A medical mystery for Mother's Day...
- I'd like to tell you a curious story. Jane was a 52 year old woman in need of a kidney transplant. Thankfully she had three loving sons who were all very happy to give her one of theirs. So Jane's ...