New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Gout Guidelines Arm Patients And Physicians With Tools To Fight Painful Disease
Gout is one of the most common forms of inflammatory arthritis, affecting nearly 4% of adult Americans.
Help by adding tags...
Gout and Pseudogout
- Classifications of antibiotics - a useful summary. The Table is no way complete. Kindly Ignore Spelling mistakes Checkout mynotes4usmle.tumblr.com for more
Gout | Doctor | Patient
- Gout can be defined as arthritis due to deposition of monosodium urate (MSU) monohydrate crystals within joints causing acute inflammation and eventual...
Patient's own fat cells transplanted to treat osteoarthritis may be effective
- Osteoarthritis (OA), a debilitating and painful degenerative disease, strikes an estimated 14 percent of adults 25 years of age and older, a third of adults age 65 and older in the U.S. alone.
Many patients with gout do not receive recommended treatment
- Among patients in England with gout, only a minority of those with indications to receive urate-lowering therapy were treated according to guideline recommendations, according to a study in...
Gout isn't always easy to prove: Study finds CT scans help catch cases traditional test misses
- Gout is on the rise among U.S. men and women, and this piercingly painful and most common form of inflammatory arthritis is turning out to be more complicated than had been thought.
Did Michelangelo Have Gout?
- Did Michelangelo have gout? If so, the disease seems to have had little impact on his artistic productivity.