New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Pancreatic cancer splits into four types, says genome study
A study of whole genomes and DNA variation in pancreatic tumors suggests there are four subtypes of the cancer depending on location, frequency and pattern of DNA rearrangement.
Help by adding tags...
Pancreatic cancer loses viral defenses when talking with supporting cells
- Ottawa researchers have unlocked a way to make pancreatic cancer cells more vulnerable to cancer-killing viruses, known as oncolytic viruses.
A medical mystery for Mother's Day...
- I'd like to tell you a curious story. Jane was a 52 year old woman in need of a kidney transplant. Thankfully she had three loving sons who were all very happy to give her one of theirs. So Jane's ...
How the landscape of the pancreatic cancer genome is coming into view
- Scientists from Australia and the UK have done the most in-depth analysis yet of 100 pancreatic cancer genomes and highlighted 4 subtypes that may help guide future patient treatment.
Liver Diseases Revision
- A simplified drawing for the diseases of liver and gallbladder. Hope it helps!
The Clotting Cascade Diagram
- An image of both the intrinsic and extrinsic pathways of the clotting cascade including the interactions between the two and other finer details.