New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
'Substandard vaccination' blamed for measles outbreak
In a research letter, experts state that suboptimal vaccination levels have impaired community immunity to the disease and put the greater population at risk.
Help by adding tags...
Measles outbreak at Disney raises vaccination questions - BBC News
- Disneyland disease outbreak spreads through California, prompting renewed criticism of vaccination opponents.
Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases
- A clear illustration of immunodeficiency disorders.
Mark Zuckerberg's book club fights US fear of vaccination
- Facebook founder picks On Immunity by Eula Biss as American public health officials tackle major measles outbreak
HPV vaccination 'does not promote unsafe sex or increase STIs'
- New research into the prevalence of sexually transmitted infections also suggests that vaccination for the human papillomavirus is unlikely to promote unsafe sex.
Bovine TB vaccinations and minimising 'false positives'
- Bovine tuberculosis is a major economic disease of livestock worldwide. Despite an intensive, and costly, control program in the United Kingdom, bovine TB persists.
Large Number of Children in US at Risk for Measles
- Numbers from the National Immunization Survey show that even a small sustained drop in vaccinations from current levels could open up the risk for a widespread outbreak.