New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Hepatitis C Will Share Spotlight This Year at Liver Congress
Specialists will learn how to prioritize hepatitis C drugs, and hear more about fatty liver disease, hepatocellular cancer, and the noninvasive assessment of liver disease.
Help by adding tags...
Why do we use PT / INR instead of APTT to monitor the synthetic function of liver ?
- I read that both PT and APTT are deranged in chronic liver disease as both come produced by the liver , but why do we use PT and INR to for monitoring instead of APTT.
Triangles of the Neck (Visual mnemonic)
- There are various triangles of the neck, largely divided by the sternocleidomastoid muscle to form anterior and posterior triangles. Some triangles are more 'important' that others, and this simpli...
New treatment protocol for Hepatitis C?
- Does anyone know the new anti viral drugs in trial for hepatitis C treatment?
Computer model predicts how our livers will store fat
- Computer model developed to predict how 'T09' causes the liver to store fat could be used to predict liver fat storage for other drugs and conditionsAs part of an...
Statin use associated with reduced risk of liver cancer among those in the UK
- In a nested-case control study of individuals living in the UK, a part of the world with a relatively low incidence of liver cancer, statin use is associated with a decreased risk of liver...
Reducing the price of new hepatitis C drugs in the Tuscany region of Italy
- In most European countries, regulatory agencies are engaged in approving reimbursement schemes for the new interferon-free direct antiviral agents (DAAs) for hepatitis C.1 2 The degree of reimburse...
Lawsuit seeks access to data from hepatitis C drug trial
- Two health advocacy groups have filed suit to compel the US Food and Drug Administration to release clinical trial data submitted to the agency for the approval of the hepatitis C drugs sofosbuvir ...