New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Ultrasound for Lumbar Puncture: how to maximize first-pass success in patients with large body habitus - emdocs
Ultrasound for lumbar puncture: how to maximize first-pass success in patients with large body habitus, by Stephen Alerhand MD
Help by adding tags...
Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) and interpreting lumbar puncture
- A short presentation on the anatomy of CSF circulation and lumbar puncture interpretation.
Triangles of the Neck (Visual mnemonic)
- There are various triangles of the neck, largely divided by the sternocleidomastoid muscle to form anterior and posterior triangles. Some triangles are more 'important' that others, and this simpli...
Lumbar Puncture Procedure
- A lumbar puncture procedure video which highlights techniques examined in both the MCEM & FCEM exam.
Why we do what we do: Early stylet removal in lumbar puncture
- There are numerous techniques that we can use to improve our likelihood of success in performing a lumbar puncture. There is one that has a bit of nuance to it that I thought would be an excellent ...
- Say what? This procedure is performed to obtain a sample of cerebrospinal fluid. Emergency department indications A lumbar puncture is only indicated in the emergency department to diagnose or rule...
Post Lumbar Puncture Headaches - R.E.B.E.L. EM - Emergency Medicine Blog
- Lumbar puncture is a commonly performed procedure in the emergency department. Post lumbar puncture headache is not an infrequent complication from LPs.
Endometrial Sampling. About Endometrial Biopsy. Patient | Patient
- Endometrial Sampling- The endometrium is sampled when pathology is suspected. Endometrial Sampling information page