New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
An Approach to Palliative Care in the ED - CanadiEM
Palliative care in the emergency department? Absolutely! This post outlines an approach to palliative care that can be used in the ED.
Help by adding tags...
- Cancer Studies Year 4 Attachment 2
Immune System Flowchart
- When originally learning about the immune system I struggled to understand how the different components developed individually and worked together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent...
Palliative Care and the Human Connection: Ten Steps for What To Say and Do
- Dr. Diane E. Meier is Director of the Center to Advance Palliative Care (CAPC), a national organization devoted to increasing the number and quality of palliative care programs in the United States...
Early Palliative Care: Improving Quality of Life
- A landmark study on the integration of palliative care during early onset of a cancer diagnosis was recently published in the New England Journal of Medicine. Here, lead authors Jennifer Temel, MD...
Palliative Care - Research on Aging
- Palliative care aims to prevent and relieve suffering and promote quality of life, at every stage of life, through patient and family care, education, research and advocacy. Join Frank D. Ferris, ...
Palliative Care Options and Trends
- UC Davis Professor Ben Rich examines emerging trends in palliative care. As an authority in the medical ethics of this area, Dr. Rich looks at how current laws, such as the Oregon Death With Dignit...
Chronic Illness & Palliative Care, Part 2
- There are misperceptions about living with a chronic illness such as diabetes. Hear about some of the recent and future advancements in diabetes care helping patients live full and meaningful lives...