New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Post Lumbar Puncture Headaches - R.E.B.E.L. EM - Emergency Medicine Blog
Lumbar puncture is a commonly performed procedure in the emergency department. Post lumbar puncture headache is not an infrequent complication from LPs.
Help by adding tags...
Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) and interpreting lumbar puncture
- A short presentation on the anatomy of CSF circulation and lumbar puncture interpretation.
Choosing a Specialty
- Remember when you were doing uni applications, and had to deal with the same handful of questions from people you bumped into…
Lumbar Puncture Procedure
- A lumbar puncture procedure video which highlights techniques examined in both the MCEM & FCEM exam.
Why we do what we do: Early stylet removal in lumbar puncture
- There are numerous techniques that we can use to improve our likelihood of success in performing a lumbar puncture. There is one that has a bit of nuance to it that I thought would be an excellent ...
Ultrasound for Lumbar Puncture: how to maximize first-pass success in patients with large body habitus - emdocs
- Ultrasound for lumbar puncture: how to maximize first-pass success in patients with large body habitus, by Stephen Alerhand MD
- Say what? This procedure is performed to obtain a sample of cerebrospinal fluid. Emergency department indications A lumbar puncture is only indicated in the emergency department to diagnose or rule...
Emergency Medicine Literature of Note: The Case of the Bloody Lumbar Punctures
- Would welcome your thoughts on this article - Sensitivity of computed tomography performed within six hours of onset of headache for diagnosis of subarachnoid haemorrhage: prospective cohort study....