New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Pharmacists Key to Whether Patients Take Blood Thinners - MedicineNet
Millions of older Americans are prescribed a blood thinner to help reduce the stroke risks associated with a dangerous irregular heart beat known as atrial fibrillation.
Help by adding tags...
FDA approves blood pump system to help patients maintain stable heart function during certain high-risk cardiac procedures
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved the Impella 2.5 System, a miniature blood pump system intended to help certain patients maintain stable heart function and circulation during...
Blood groups and Haemolytic Disease of the Newborn
- A poster detailing Rhesus and ABO blood systems, and a brief outline of Haemolytic Disease of the Newborn.
Women active a few times weekly have lower risk of heart disease, stroke and blood clots
- Middle-aged women who are physically active a few times per week have lower risks of heart disease, stroke and blood clots than inactive women, according to research in the American Heart...
Blood Thinners Overprescribed for Low-Risk Irregular Heartbeat: Study - MedicineNet
- As many as one-quarter of people with atrial fibrillation who have a low risk of stroke are given blood-thinning drugs they likely don't need, a new study contends .
Immune System Flowchart
- When originally learning about the immune system I struggled to understand how the different components developed individually and worked together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent...
Liver Diseases Revision
- A simplified drawing for the diseases of liver and gallbladder. Hope it helps!
Endocrine System Chart
- Useful chart explaining glands and hormones!