New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
ECMO Side Ports | Resus Review
Side ports on the ECMO circuit are convenient for hemodialysis but can be broken or cracked which can lead to a catastrophic blood loss.
Help by adding tags...
ECMO Ultrasonic Flow/Bubble Sensor | Resus Review
- Understand the workings and tips for best use of ECMO ultrasonic sensors, which are able to provide blood flow rate and bubble detection.
How to Approach Medical and Surgical Finals
ECMO Flow Sensor Coupling Paste | Resus Review
- Ultrasonic coupling paste does not dry out when exposed to air and allows long-term accurate operation of the ECMO ultrasound flow sensor.
vv-ECMO Gas Exchange | Resus Review
- Gas exchange in vv-ECMO is effected by 4 critical factors. Learn to assess and correct these to maintain adequate oxygenation and CO2 removal.
ECMO Flashlight Test | Resus Review
- Inspecting the ECMO oxygenator for accumulated clot can identify why the circuit has higher pressures and decreased blood flows, and indicate when the circuit should be changed.
ECMO Pump Chatter | Resus Review
- ECMO pump chatter is caused by blood flow limitations from venous side of the ECMO circuit, and is critical to correct for a well functioning system.
A brief review of ECMO | EMBlog Mayo Clinic
- Author: Rachel Lindor, MD, JD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSzESoC2gwk