New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
ECMO Pump Chatter | Resus Review
ECMO pump chatter is caused by blood flow limitations from venous side of the ECMO circuit, and is critical to correct for a well functioning system.
Help by adding tags...
ECMO Ultrasonic Flow/Bubble Sensor | Resus Review
- Understand the workings and tips for best use of ECMO ultrasonic sensors, which are able to provide blood flow rate and bubble detection.
Choosing a Specialty
- Remember when you were doing uni applications, and had to deal with the same handful of questions from people you bumped into…
vv-ECMO Gas Exchange | Resus Review
- Gas exchange in vv-ECMO is effected by 4 critical factors. Learn to assess and correct these to maintain adequate oxygenation and CO2 removal.
ECMO Side Ports | Resus Review
- Side ports on the ECMO circuit are convenient for hemodialysis but can be broken or cracked which can lead to a catastrophic blood loss.
ECMO Flashlight Test | Resus Review
- Inspecting the ECMO oxygenator for accumulated clot can identify why the circuit has higher pressures and decreased blood flows, and indicate when the circuit should be changed.
A brief review of ECMO | EMBlog Mayo Clinic
- Author: Rachel Lindor, MD, JD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSzESoC2gwk
The Clotting Cascade Diagram
- An image of both the intrinsic and extrinsic pathways of the clotting cascade including the interactions between the two and other finer details.