New to Meducation?
Already signed up?
Add To Boards
Get ahead in your career
- track and evidence all your medical learning
Sign up for free
Help by adding tags...
Summary of aetiology, presentation, investigations and treatment of Gout.
on Thursday 20th November 2008
Earn free CPD/CME
Start automatically tracking your medical learning
Sign up for free
- SImple, to-the-point 10 minute powerpoint overview of gout. Discusses the epidemiology, pathophysiology, investigations, diagnosis, differentials and management.
- Awesome review made by Compound Interest (https://www.facebook.com/compoundchem?fref=ts)
Rheumatoid vs. osteoarthritis
- A comparison of the disease processes of rheumatoid and osteoarthritis
- + Osteoarthritis Fadi Hassan – Hull York Medical School
Gout and Pseudogout
Many patients with gout do not receive recommended treatment
- Among patients in England with gout, only a minority of those with indications to receive urate-lowering therapy were treated according to guideline recommendations, according to a study in...
UK rates of gout soaring, but treatment remains poor
- UK rates of gout have soared since the late1990s, with one in every 40 people now affected by the condition - the highest in Europe - but treatment remains as poor now as it was then, reveals...
Did Michelangelo Have Gout?
- Did Michelangelo have gout? If so, the disease seems to have had little impact on his artistic productivity.
Immune System Flowchart
- When originally learning about the immune system I struggled to understand how the different components developed individually and worked together. I realised that a flowchart would be an excellent...
Blood groups and Haemolytic Disease of the Newborn
- A poster detailing Rhesus and ABO blood systems, and a brief outline of Haemolytic Disease of the Newborn.
Liver Diseases Revision
- A simplified drawing for the diseases of liver and gallbladder. Hope it helps!